Stan Rodda

February 05, 2006

Stupid Refs!

Okay, may I just vent for a second? First of all, I picked the Steelers to win the Super Bowl. So I'm fine with that because they won. I called it okay. I just want everyone to know that up front. However, by midway through the 3rd quarter I was cheering for the Seahawks. Why you ask? Because the refs were ripping them off. That was one of the worst called Super Bowls that I can remember. Or worst called games I can remember period. What were those refs watching? For all of you who don't know, Ben Roethlisberger did not score a touchdown. The score should have been 3-3 in the first quarter, not 7-3. Second of all, what was up with the terrible holding call when Stevens caught a pass at the 1 yd. line? There was no holding. I think I actually saw the ref picking his nose and he went to wipe the booger on the flag but accidentally knocked it out of his pocket, then feeling stupid he just called something. What a bogus call. Then to top it off, Hasselbeck throws a pick and when he goes to make the tackle, THE TACKLE, he gets called for an ILLEGAL BLOCK. Those are two very different things. What was up with the refs. I know they didn't throw the game, but they sure weren't very even in their calls. That was just awful. Anyway, I just wanted to vent about how bad the refs were during the Super Bowl. Thanks for taking time to read this. Peace.

2 Comments:

  • I agree the calls weren't great....but if they were made correctly (or as we see correctly)...that leaves both teams on the 1-yard line. Chances are both teams would have scored and the game STILL would have been 21-17 Steelers win......so without question the Steelers won!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:58 PM  

  • That might be the case. But then there was the touchdown called back for Seattle. Would that have changed things if that call would have stood? I just think that the refs in the Super Bowl need to let the guys play. Some of those calls were really lame. I think Pittsburgh's only penalty was a false start. Then they call Hasselbeck for an illegal block while trying to make a tackle? Give me a break. That was lame. Oh well. I picked the Steelers and they won. I think they would have won anyway, I just think they refs hurt the integrity of the game.

    By Blogger Stan, at 2:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home