Stan Rodda

September 05, 2005

A Really Long Week!

So anyway, the Central Alumni Soccer Game was this past week, August 29th. I thought I was ready to go, except for the fact that I have that ruptured disc in my back problem. But I wanted to play anyway. So I took the necessary medication and played in 95 degree weather, 90 minutes of soccer, at noon I might add, with no training, conditioning and about 7 too many Dr. Pepper's the 2 days before. By the way, who plans a soccer game at noon in August in Missouri. Come on people. Anyway, needless to say, my body was slightly mad at me and wanted some water really, really badly. After the game, it became apparent to me how mad my body was. I was light headed, dizzy, could barely walk and actually had people offer to help me make it to the dorm to shower. I went up to get clean and my wife was so worried she even had some student come to the bathroom and yell at me to make sure I was okay. Before we left, she asked one more time if I wanted to go to the emergency room, because apparently I wasn't looking very good. My sister was driving and I looked at her and told her to take me to the emergency room. When we got there they filled me full of fluids and told me to take a nap. So I did. And apparently I told one of the nurses, "Please don't let me die", so my wife says. Well, after all that was over, our house in Petersburg received a nice little visit from Mr. Virus man. I don't even know what virus it was, but it spread all throughout our house. Misty was having a fever, back pain, chest pains and could hardly breathe. Grant got sick on like Friday with a real bad fever. It was so bad it was actually giving him what the "internet medical dictionary" calls mini seizures. He would shake real bad and ask his mommy or daddy to "calm him down". It was gut wrenching. So we were fighting my dehydration and the soon to come emergency room bill. Then the rest of my house experienced a virus, not to mention the fact that I started school at Lincoln on Thursday of that week. So everything hit all at once and our week, since last Monday, has been flat insane. Oh well, God is still good and I think we're all finally coming back to normal. Misty and Grant were so sick Sunday they didn't come to church, but some of the ladies at church when they heard about it, decided to make us dinner that night. So they brought us chicken parmesan, garlic bread, fresh salad and little mini cheesecakes for dessert. It was wonderfully sweet of them and very well timed. Hopefully, God will allow us to have a healthier and slightly more sane week. Well, until next time a new virus rolls our way, talk to you all later. Take care and God bless.


  • This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    By Blogger lovely_gurls2005, at 1:54 PM  

  • I am sorry about your week! I prayed for you all. Isn't it odd how things seem to happen all at once? Like, they all just hang in the background until one leaks out....then they all come running! Like I said, I am sorry, and I hope you all feel better.

    By Blogger Alicia Norris, at 8:11 PM  

  • Hey Stan-a-rino! Sorry to hear that your fam had to go thru all that. Even more sorry about the emergency room bill...those things are horrible! Little jealous you went back to the CCC of the B...hope she's doin fine. Life is good, but busy here in Kentucky. Just went home for the weekend (it was good to be back for awhile). Good luck with the Lincoln thing - great school! Look up my friend Doug Welk while you are there - great guy:) later tater...tell Misty hi for me!

    By Blogger sara, at 10:44 AM  

  • hey, you should get a RSS feed, I would like to subscribe to your blog. Yeah, sorry to hear about that.

    By Blogger Nate, at 2:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home