Stan Rodda

April 13, 2005

A whirlwind of a week!

WOW! The revival is already almost over. Just one more night to go. So far, I think that it has gone pretty well. The preaching was terrible, but there have been a lot of people who have come back each night and it seems that many people want to know why they are here on earth. If anyone is being convicted, all credit goes to God who works in ways we don't understand and sometimes never even see.

We have gotten to see a lot of old friends that we knew while we were there in Milan. We even bumped into a few while we were having lunch in Kirksville at King's Buffet. Misty and I stopped by a ladies house named Joanna Tipton. While I was doing ministry in Milan, her husband was dying of cancer. Her family called me one night at close to midnight and asked me to come over right away. I did and I spent a couple hours with their family and watched as her husband stopped breathing and went to be with God. I guess when you're with someone through something like that, you develop a pretty deep bond. When she saw Misty and I she started crying. She couldn't stop hugging Misty. She is just the sweetest lady.

We have had a good time catching up with the Hostetter's and the Leppin's who were definitely our best friends in Milan. They are like family to us. I would ask that you pray for our former church there in Milan. Please pray for them that God will bring them someone amazing to lead that church.

Well, I guess that's about all for now. We'll be back in Petersburg on Thursday. Catch you all later. Peace.

Because of His Grace, (Eph. 2:8)
Stan

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home